Blog | "Beef and Cheese" Black Bean Burgers
Vegetarian options can still be flavorful and juicy! 🍔
- 2-15 oz cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Cooking spray
- In a sautee pan on medium/high heat using your cooking spray, sautee the diced garlic for approximately 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the onion and sautee until soft and lightly brown, approximately 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes
- While the garlic and onion cools, place the drained and rinsed black beans in a food processor with the two eggs
- Cover and pulse 3-4 times
- Then add the sauteed garlic and onions, and pulse in the food processor until blended (will be very a wet mixture)
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and place in a mixing bowl. Add the panko breadcrumbs.
- Taking a large sheet of tin foil, lightly spray all over with cooking spray.
- Evenly dividing the sticky black bean mixture, create 8 burger patties and place on the sprayed tin foil sheet.
- Preheat your grill and place entire tin foil sheet with burgers on the grate and cover.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until cooked through, flipping half way.
- Use your favorite burger bun and toppings and enjoy! 🍔
- Serving size: 1 burger
- Calories: 153 calories
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 9g
As seen in picture:
- 1x black bean burger
- 1x Dave's Killer Bread Organic Burger Bun
- 1x slice colby jack cheese
- 1/4 avocado (approximate 50g)
- 1 tomato slice
- 502 calories, 18g fat, 64g carbohydrates, 21g protein