- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 16 ounces 93%-lean ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 6 cups lightly packed pre-chopped kale or baby kale
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 3 8-inch naan breads (whole grain would be the healthiest choice)
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese (I used fresh)
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to high.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil, garlic and crushed red pepper in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. As soon as the garlic starts to sizzle, add turkey, spices and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cook, breaking up the turkey with a wooden spoon, until it is almost cooked, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add kale, vinegar and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring, until the kale is wilted and the turkey is no longer pink, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Place naan a large baking sheet and brush with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Top with equal portions of the turkey mixture and mozzarella.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and the edges are starting to brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Cut in half.
Makes 3 Flatbreads - Serving Size ½ Flatbread
Nutrition Information: Calories: 358, Protein: 28.5g, Carbohydrates 26.2g, Fat: 15.3g, Saturated fat: 6.2g, Sodium: 575mg