- 2 cups gluten free flour (I used King Arthur gluten free flour mix)
- 4 ripe Bartlett pears (approximately 500g after slicing from core)
- 3 tbsp flax seed
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 8 tbsp of coconut oil, melted (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup stevia
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. You will need a nonstick 11x7 baking pan.
- Remove the pear flesh from the cores, keeping the skin. (It should weigh approximately 500g after removing)
- Add the pear flesh and skin, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and apple sauce to a food processor and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, flax seed, stevia, cinnamon, ginger and salt and mix all dry ingredients well.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Spray your baking pan with cooking spray and place the combined mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let bread cool for 10 minutes in pan and then place on a wire rack.
- Cut into 12 even pieces and enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 194 calories
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 1g