Blog | Healthy Sweet Potato Muffins
Who's ready for fall ya'll?! 🍁🍃
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a fork, stick a few holes all over your sweet potatoes.
- Wrap each potato in foil and place in the oven for 45-60 minutes. To test if they are finished, squeeze the foiled potato in your hand with a pot holder. If it feels soft, remove from the oven.
- Allow the potatoes to cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- After the sweet potatoes cool, remove the skin. The skin should easily peel away from the cooked potato so this shouldn't require a peeler.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well with a hand mixer.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray (12 muffins) and evenly distribute the batter into the sprayed sections.
- Bake for 45 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Allow to cool in the muffin pan.
- Enjoy with your favorite Fall coffee or tea!
- Serving size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 93 calories
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Tip: Have a picky eater in your household? Add some chocolate chips to the batter and they'll never question the sweet potato in this yummy sweet treat!