But the taste of salmon can get somewhat bland and boring if eaten on a consistent basis. So how can you spice it up without adding tons of excess calories with things like cheese and breadcrumbs?! Try this simple, yet flavorful spice mixture to add a little flare to your salmon!
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl
- Spray 4-8oz piece of salmon with olive oil
- Sprinkle mixture evenly on top of salmon piece
- Bake salmon at to an internal temperature of 145 degrees
Tip- For a crispy topping, broil the fish on high for just 2-3 minutes when it is cooked through, before you remove from the oven. The seasoning will be a golden brown!
- This spice mixture contains approximately 50 calories. Depending on how flavorful you like your salmon, you can split this mix amongst multiple filets, or double the recipe!