- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1-1.5 large sweet onions (coursely chopped about 2 cups)
- 1 small eggplant (chunked) approx. 8 oz
- 8 oz green beans (trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces))
- 1 lb russet potatoes (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 4 cups baby kale (chopped)
- 1x 28oz can whole peeled tomatoes (cut into quarters without disgarding the liquid)
- 1x 15.5oz can chick peas (drained and rinsed)
- 8 oz white mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (eliminate or add based on spice preference)
- 1 pinch of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper as desired
- In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil on medium/high heat. Then sautee the garlic for approximately 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the onion and sautee until soft and lightly brown, approximately 4-6 minutes.
- When onions are finished, add the vegetable broth and the tomato juice (from whole tomato can) and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, add the potato chunks and lower down to a medium heat to simmer for approximately 12-14 minutes.
- Then add all other vegetables and spices and allow to cook for another 10 mininutes on medium heat.
- When all vegetable are cooked to desired consistency, bring heat down to low. Using a ladle, spoon about 1 cup of the soup liquid into a seperate bowl.
- Then add the chopped kale to the soup and cover, allowing to cook to wilt for about 3 minutes.
- While the kale is wilting, whisk the flour into the liquid in the seperate bowl very well.
- After the kale is cooked, while mixing the soup well, add in the flour/broth mixture to the soup to thicken it up!
- Add salt/pepper as desired.
- Split mixture into 6 even servings and ENJOY!
Serving size: 1/6 of recipe
Calories: 298 calories